Do you wanna know how to make bath bombs easily? You have come to the right page. Bath bombs can be a perfect DIY project for people of all ages. It’s fun to make and also fun to use. You can combine the relaxing and delicious scents mixture and ingredients that are good to your skin.
In this page, we’ll provide you with two of the most favorite bath bombs recipes and their tutorial so you can make one at your home. Choose one bath bombs recipe you’d like to take a bath with.
1. DIY Bath Fizzer for Gift
This bath bomb recipe smells great and it will give a good impact on the skin. The skin will feel like silk after taking a bath with this bath bomb. The most important thing is that it’s cheap and easy to make. You can even make this bath bomb as a gift to your relatives or neighbors.
Making bath bombs using this recipe will take about 30 minutes for 6 bath bombs in medium size. But, if you want to have some different colors, that will take more time to make.
- a half cup of baking soda
- a quarter cup of citric acid from N-Essentials
- a quarter cup of mineral salts from N-Essentials
- two teaspoons of water
- two tablespoons of coconut oil
- six drops of essential oil
- Glitter for a more decorative look
- a quarter cup of rose petals or any dried flowers.
- a couple of drop of food coloring
- Rubber cupcake molds (do not use the tin or metal one)
- Paper towel
- Measuring cups
- Large glass bowl
- a medium-sized jar
- After you prepare all of the ingredients and materials, it’s time to make bath bombs. First, place all dry ingredients into the glass bowl. Mix them up well. The material of the bowl should be glass, not aluminum or metal.
- in a jar, you can begin to combine all the oil and water ingredients. Then, shake them all well.
- Next, add the wet ingredients into the glass bowl filled with dry ingredients mixture. Add it really slowly, a drop or two drops at a time. If you see foam, that means you are pouring too many ingredients.
- You will see that the mixture still be quite dry. That’s what it’s supposed to be. Do not add too much water and soul.
- It’s an important part of the step. Pack all the mixture into the mold tightly.
- After the molds are full, leave them for half an hour. With a paper towel, you can leave it for more hours.
- After the bath bombs dry, pack them up into a clean jar. Decorate it with ribbon, fabric, and dolly tied around the jar.
- There you have it, the bath bombs of your own that’s ready to be delivered
2. Super-Pretty DIY Bath Bombs Recipe
The bath bombs recipe you should try to support your beautiful and healthy skin. Bath bombs are just some good old-fashioned self-care. If you are planning to make your own bath bombs for a gift or present, this one could be a good option for girls. It’s slightly different from the previous one.
- a half cup of baking soda
- A quarter cup of citric acid
- a quarter cup of cornstarch
- three tablespoons castor oil
- a tablespoon water
- a tablespoon essential oil
- food coloring
- A plastic, fillable ornament
- A large mixing bowl
- A small bowl
- a spatula
- a measuring spoon
- In the large mixing bowl (wood or glass), mix all the dry ingredients like baking soda, citric acid, and cornstarch. Make sure all of them mix well in the bowl
- Then, you can start mixing the wet ingredients like castor oil, essential oil, food coloring, and water in the small bowl. It should be prepared in a separated bowl.
- After all of the wet and dry mixtures are well mixed. You can slowly add the wet ones to the dry ones. You should pour a small bit at a time while you’re whisking it until it’s well combined. According to the food coloring of your choice, you should have seen the color by now.
- After it’s combined, pack the mix tightly into each side of the plastic ornament. Join each side together and form a ball. Put it in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- There you have it. Your own super-pretty DIY bath bomb. It’s ready to be sent as a gift to your girls. You just simply pop this bomb into a tub of warm water. You can enjoy all the fizzy goodness.
Tips on How To Make Bath Bombs
Well, you can actually make your bath bomb more fun by having a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors.
- You should use more than one color for your bath bombs. You will need more bowls to have a mixture of different colors. With colors, you can have a wide variety of design choices for your bath bombs, including the stripes, the rose, winter wonderland, and many more.
- You can vary the shape too. It doesn’t have to be round. In this case, you can use bath bomb molds that have many shapes like flowers, hearts, and snowflakes.
- You should add non-fizzy ingredients such as the flower petals, oatmeal, and green tea. But, you have to pay attention to the cleaning. For example, flower petals can clog your pipes when you’re done. Just consider that before having such ingredients.
- Many people search about how to make bath bombs without citric acid. The answer to that is to switch it with a half cup of Epson salts and four tablespoons of tartar cream. Without citric acid, this bath bomb recipe will be friendly to your sensitive skin and kids.
Those two recipes can be a great idea for your DIY project. Each of those two offers something different. You can either choose just one recipe, or you can have both options to make at home. You can use it for yourself to make your skin healthier. Or, you can pack it as a gift.